11 April 2018 - Patience is a virtue

Today, I find myself reminding myself of this. For a few reasons.

  1. I am working on my drawing ability. There are some things I draw "well" but in a very particular cartoony way. I am working on more realistic drawings and widening my skill set.
  2. I am working with mixed media. I have spent a little time each day working with a variety of mixed media to work on my creative side. It is a lot of fun, but can be frustrating if I don't have the supplies I need. So, I am trying to work around it without spending a lot of money.
  3. My glasses broke, for the second time, in such a way that I can no longer glue them together. I have made an appointment with the eye doctor, but it will still take a week to get new glasses. In that time, I can still function mostly normally, but I am having trouble focusing my eyes, and reading. I am also plagued with a constant headache from the astigmatism. Patience is key here because sound sensitivity is a big thing for me when headaches are present and I work in a job where listening to sound is pretty necessary.
  4. I am cleaning house. I want, desperately, to take a day and get it all done, however, my feet won't allow it. I am working on being patient and doing what I can. 
Number 3 is really causing the most trouble for me today. I am getting quite annoyed at things that I usually don't. So.... I practise my breathing. :) 

---
Current Stats:

yesterday's water intake - 40 ounces
today's goal - 90 ounces

pain level - 5-8 (+ moments of 10)

current mood - wishing for quiet

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13 March 2018 - Oh crap... where's the wagon?

17 May 2018 - New Summer, new adventures

9 May 2018 - Small Thoughts I have