2 March 2018 - Having a Life Too

Last night was International Night. I had students performing throughout the night. Students had been practising in my room for weeks for this night. I LOVE International Night. Last night, I didn't go.

It was my every intention to go and I was really excited to see my kiddos perform. I ended up leaving work later than expected and didn't make it home until nearly 5:00 pm. My partner was going to go with me, but he didn't get home until 5:30. Dinner wasn't ready until 6:15.  The animals still needed to be fed and exercised. International Night started at 6:30 and I live 30 minutes away, without traffic.

I seriously thought about going anyways and being late, but then I stood up and felt my left ankle start to give. I had worn my braces all day, as I am supposed to, but had taken them off at home. My ankle had swollen through the day (with some walking and standing) and the braces had left marks on my ankles and feet. Getting to the performances just wasn't going to happen and I felt awful.

I sincerely hate how this issue is affecting my daily life. I hate how I feel like I have to choose between taking care of this or taking care of that. I hate not being there for my students. And yet, this is my life right now. I have to make adjustments to ensure that I fulfill my duties, support those around me as best I can, and that I have time to take care of myself. It is a lesson that I had to learn even when my feet weren't so.... blegh. It is harder to learn now.

Today, my feet hurt worse. They are already uncomfortable before my day has really begun. More adjustments will need to be made. I am ready for the weekend.

---
Current Stats:

* yesterday's water intake - 36 ounces
* today's goal - 90 ounces

* pain level - 5-8 (depending)
* pain type - aching, cramping, stabbing dull pain, sharp pain

* current mood - productive

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

17 May 2018 - New Summer, new adventures

9 May 2018 - Small Thoughts I have

23 April 2018 - Weekend Reflections