9 May 2018 - Small Thoughts I have

I've had a lot of thoughts running through my head this week, any one of which could be a post. But, since I am slammed at work, in the middle of a move at home, and otherwise exhausted, and yet I want to remember these thoughts... what better place to write them down?

So, here they are... 25 thoughts without commentary and in no particular order:


  • Having a "me" day is okay. 
  • One should never have to apologise for their feelings. 
  • Perspective, while very important, doesn't always tell us the full story.
  • Perspective can change the facts of a story. 
  • Perspective can change. 
  • Jamming out to one album for an entire week is perfectly fine. 
  • I am human. 
  • You are human. 
  • Conversation cannot happen if one or more parties is unwilling. 
  • snailmail is awesome. 
  • postcards are awesome. 
  • writing in a different language's script is a fun first activity in the morning. 
  • I am not a huge fan of the ukulele. 
  •  No one can predict (or dictate) when someone is ready to begin conversation. 
  • No one can hold someone else responsible for difference in personal timelines. 
  • I don't have to be married to be happy. 
  • I am making progress. 
  • Today is a high pain day. 
  • 20 is a magical number. 
  • finances are sometimes disappointing and surprising. 
  • Just because you may not see racism, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. 
  • Interracial couples are still seen as wrong by many people. 
  • One can support, and also be critical.
  • May is a rough time to be a teacher. 
  • The misconception that teachers get "2 months off" still exists. 
---
Current stats:

yesterday's water intake: 44 ounces
today's goal: 80 ounces

pain level: 5-9

current mood: slammed

Miriam's Recommendation: Janelle Monae's newest album: Dirty Computer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

17 May 2018 - New Summer, new adventures

13 March 2018 - Oh crap... where's the wagon?