28 February 2018 - A New Routine

Last week, I spent three days at a conference for TPRS (teaching proficiency through reading and story telling/asking). I was a student of Mandarin for that time.

The drive was lengthy, but class didn't start until 9:00, so I was able to get up at a comfortable time, make breakfast, be with the dogs and cats, etc.

I enjoyed it so much, that I've decided, as best I am able, to try and duplicate that time during the school week. What this means is waking up between 4 and 4:30 to leave by 5:45 to get to school by 6:15.

In terms of what I'm doing... I wake up, take my hair down, and check on the cats. If the dogs aren't up, I go ahead and get dressed. If they are, I let them out and make breakfast. Then, I take breakfast back to bed and enjoy it in quiet with the dogs, usually reading articles or catching up on a podcast. Then, I finish getting ready (do my hair, wash my face, etc) and leave the dogs to rest while I spend a little time with the cats and finishing some things in the kitchen. Finally, I leave all animals together and go to work.

So far, I've been successful. I have really enjoyed seeing the dogs and cats a little before leaving school and it has actually prompted me to be more prepared before I go to bed.

Finger's crossed it continues.

---
Current Stats:

* yesterday's water intake - 42 ounces
* today's goal - 90 ounces

* pain level - 3-4 sitting; 5-6 walking

* current mood: rather hungry

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

17 May 2018 - New Summer, new adventures

9 May 2018 - Small Thoughts I have

13 March 2018 - Oh crap... where's the wagon?