13 February 2018 - another new beginning

I am sitting in my darkened classroom today and I paused my prep because I realised just how much my pain is affecting me today:

I am sitting in a darkened classroom because the light switch is high and my feet hurt too much to be able to get on tip toe and turn them on.

Today will be a day of pain management. My plans involve standing and telling stories all day (a much needed activity for the kiddos after flu and testing and more flu) which means my pain level will only increase from here on out and, if I want to be able to do some things at home (and I do), I need to make some key decisions about how today goes.

So...


  • Advil? check 
  • Water? check
  • Did I stretch this morning? check
  • Compression socks? check
  • Ankle braces? check 
Okay day, here we go. 


---
Today's stats:

* goal water intake - 140 ounces (current intake - 3 ounces)
* pain level - 4-6 (varies on current activity and position of feet)
* current mood - hungry

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

17 May 2018 - New Summer, new adventures

9 May 2018 - Small Thoughts I have

13 March 2018 - Oh crap... where's the wagon?