... it's allergies or a cold? How do you know if your geographic tongue is caused by a vitamin deficiency or your allergic reaction? How do you know if it's a migraine or a sinus headache? Ya, it's one of those days. About a week and a half ago, I had dinner with a friend and the next morning I woke up to a swollen throat and tingly tongue, very typical allergy type reaction for me. I imagined that there was some shellfish in the food we ate that I didn't know about. But, the reaction persisted. I started to retain water, and my hair has been falling out more than usual. I decided to look up a recent change in a prescription of mine and found these all to be side effects of this new medicine. I have yet to email my doctor because: (1) the water retention (and therefore dehydration) is subsiding (2) my throat swelling turned into geographic tongue and now into a full on sinus-y issue (3) I want to be doubly sure my hair is reacting as I think it is and not ju...
I have spent this Spring rediscovering my creative side. I have embarked more fully into bullet journaling, discovered the wonders of water colour, gotten ideas for my next time being in charge of Latin I, started keeping this journal, and dived back into (headlong) snail mail. It is a lot of work, but it is so calming and so rewarding. I am feeding many sides of my being: My acute sense of organisation - I live in a constant state of both chaos and utterly annoying organisation. I have laundry everywhere, but in my closet, each item has a specific way it is folded and placed. Shirts in the back on the second shelf, dresses from left to write, long sleeve to sleeveless. etc. I keep a meticulous bullet journal (bujo), but right now my study is in such chaos from the move that I cannot get to my desk. I am feeding this through my journaling and how I am organising my classroom. I am very excited to make some changes to the layout of my room next year that should help me address so...
I've had a lot of thoughts running through my head this week, any one of which could be a post. But, since I am slammed at work, in the middle of a move at home, and otherwise exhausted, and yet I want to remember these thoughts... what better place to write them down? So, here they are... 25 thoughts without commentary and in no particular order: Having a "me" day is okay. One should never have to apologise for their feelings. Perspective, while very important, doesn't always tell us the full story. Perspective can change the facts of a story. Perspective can change. Jamming out to one album for an entire week is perfectly fine. I am human. You are human. Conversation cannot happen if one or more parties is unwilling. snailmail is awesome. postcards are awesome. writing in a different language's script is a fun first activity in the morning. I am not a huge fan of the ukulele. No one ...
Comments
Post a Comment